Technical Support | TurboCAD Windows
The below video shows how to install your TurboCAD software:
If you are still having trouble, and have confirmed that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, call 1.800.833.8082 or +1.415+483.8000, Monday through Friday between 6am and 6pm PST for assistance. You can also email [email protected] with your product name, version, and any other information that might help our support staff diagnose the problem, and we will respond during business hours.
TurboCAD versions 20, 21, 2015 and above will automatically download the latest updates through the software. If you are having trouble with the auto-update, please report to [email protected]. For earlier version updates, follow the links below:
Although IMSI's telephone and email support is primarily for troubleshooting unexpected software errors or behavior, there are several resources available when it comes to learning the software, including:
- Getting Started Videos: Access the Getting Started Videos through your TurboCAD software, by going to Help and then Getting Started Videos. The videos are meant to help you learn the basics of TurboCAD Windows.
- Online Wiki Help System: IMSI's online TurboCAD Online User Guides is updated regularly so you always have the latest info.
- On Screen Contextual Help: When you hover over a tool in TurboCAD and press F1, you will go directly to that tool’s help definition. The first time you use it, you will be prompted to use online or offline help. If you choose online, your web browser will open the online user guide. This user guide facilitates contextual help, which means that if you hover over any tool or menu item in the program and press F1 it will automatically open up the user guide to the entry for that tool or menu item.
You will also notice that when you are using any tool, the software tells you in the lower left hand corner what the next step is. For instance, when the line tool is active, the lower left hand corner says "Click the first point of the line". This makes understanding the more complex tools much easier.
- Reference Manual: To access the TurboCAD Reference Manual, simply go to the TurboCAD Help menu, and click on Reference Manual.
- TurboCAD Community Forum: In addition to the documentation included with the software itself, one of the best free resources for TurboCAD Windows is the TurboCAD User Forum. The TurboCAD User Community is extremely supportive, and members are always helping each other with questions and projects. Start an account, search for topics and answers, and ask away. Once you figure out the ins and outs of the software, return the favor by helping others.
- TurboCAD Sample Files: TurboCAD samples are located in the drawings folder which comes up by default when you first launch TurboCAD.
- TurboCAD Training Materials: IMSI offers a wide variety of self-training tools and software available to TurboCAD users with subject matter from general CAD design to topics specific to your professional field. View TurboCAD Windows Training
- YouTube Videos: YouTube.com is a helpful source for learning. In addition to the IMSI Design YouTube channel, many TurboCAD users have posted helpful demonstrations and training videos.
Remember that email support is primarily to help troubleshoot unexpected software errors or behavior.
Not finding the answer to your question on this page or in our Frequently Asked Questions? IMSI's support team is available to assist you; however, before contacting us, please be prepared to provide:
- Your product name, version number, and operating system
- Description of the problem including any error message you might be receiving
- Any other information that might help us diagnose the problem
For all support request please contact us via email [email protected]. We will respond during business hours.
Why Aren't Older Versions Supported?
Because the system requirements for older software are out-of-date, the working environment cannot be duplicated by IMSI's technical support team. In most cases, issues are resolved by upgrading, and you are strongly encouraged to do so if you are an owner of a product that is several years old. To request an upgrade quote, please email [email protected]