Technical Support | DesignCAD
The below video shows how to install your IMSI software:
If you are still having trouble, and have confirmed that your computer meets the minimum system requirements, email [email protected] with your product name, version, and any other information that might help our support staff diagnose the problem, and we will respond during business hours.
There are several resources available when it comes to learning the software, including:
- DesignCAD Community Forum: In addition to the documentation included with the software itself, one of the best free resources for DesignCAD is the DesignCAD User Forum. Start an account, search for topics and answers, and ask away. Once you figure out the ins and outs of the software, return the favor by helping others.
- Getting Started Guide: The DesignCAD Getting Started Guide will teach you some of the basics of the software, as well as assist in product installation and activation.
- Reference Manual: A complete reference manual is delivered with DesignCAD versions 21-25 in PDF format, making the manual easily searchable. To access the version 22 or 23 Reference Manual, click on the Windows Start Menu, select All Programs, then open the DesignCAD 3D Max 22 or 23 folder, and select DesignCAD 3D Max 22 or 23 Reference Manual (or for DesignCAD 2D → DesignCAD 22 or 23 Reference Manual for the 2D version). For version 21, use Windows Explorer to browse to the folder where DesignCAD is installed, and look for dcad21.pdf. For documentation on older versions of DesignCAD, click on the links below:
Download DesignCAD 20 Reference Manual PDF
Download DesignCAD 19 Reference Manual PDF
Download DesignCAD 18 Reference Manual PDF
Download DesignCAD 17 Reference Manual PDF
Download DesignCAD 16 Reference Manual PDF
Remember that email support is primarily to help troubleshoot unexpected software errors or behavior.
Not finding the answer to your question on this page or in our Frequently Asked Questions? IMSI's support team is available to help. When emailing, please include the following information:
- Your product name, version number, and operating system
- Description of the problem including any error message you might be receiving
- Any other information that might help us diagnose the problem
Send emails to [email protected]. We will respond during business hours, Monday through Friday between 9am and 6pm PST.
Why Aren't Older Versions Supported?
Because the system requirements for older software are out-of-date, the working environment cannot be duplicated by IMSI's technical support team. In most cases, issues are resolved by upgrading, and you are strongly encouraged to do so if you are an owner of a product that is several years old. To request an upgrade quote, please email [email protected]