Versatile, Easy to Learn & Use
DesignCAD 3D MAX is a general purpose CAD tool for easily creating precise, high-quality images, models and animations. 2D drafting and 3D modeling have never been easier. Design everything from furniture, decks, floorplans and architectural drawings to engineering layouts, electronic schematics, plats, maps, elevations and even toys for hobbies.
Easy to Use 2D Drafting & Design
Intuitive yet sophisticated editing tools, advanced geometric construction capabilities, drawing short cut keys and complete layer management make 2D drafting a breeze.
- Usability Tools
- Workspace Tools
- Drawing Tools
- Editing and Measuring
- Dimension Tools
- Groups, Blocks, Symbols and more!
Precision 3D Modeling
Access a full range of powerful 3D modeling primitives, including box, sphere, hemisphere, pyramid, cylinder, cone and torus. Utilize Boolean operations, including solid add, solid subtract, and slice, to shape your 3D parts, now with a new option to limit solid Boolean operations to pre-selected entities only for greater control. Add materials to your model to create presentation ready designs.
- 3D View Settings
- 3D Primitives
- 3D (Solid) Editing Operations
- 3D Visualization
Realistic Visualization and Lighting
Render your 3D models with applied materials or texture maps or use transparency and fogging for added impact.
- Shadow Tool - smooth the edges of rendered shadows
- Procedural Textures - add marble, wood, cement, grain, patch, perlin noise, brick, cells or wood extended textures to your designs.
- Image Fills - Use an image as a fill pattern.
DesignCAD utilizes layers that can be independently switched on and off in order for users to have a better visibility of the drawing. For example, if one just needs to see the outline of the component, he or she can switch off other layers containing center lines, dimensions, etc.
DesignCAD can also lock layers, so that they are visible but not editable, in order to prevent accidental changes to the locked layer. Some features of objects, such as color or linestyle, can also be controlled on a per-layer basis, so for example, objects drawn in a particular layer can automatically have a certain color and/or linestyle applied. DesignCAD allows users to switch these by-layer settings on or off at will, or allow the settings to change automatically as they switch to and from layers with color or linestyle presets.
New DesignCAD v23 offers further enhancements including the new ability to select the color of text on highlighted layers, instead of defaulting to black or white. It’s also now easier to toggle on layers.
Millions of 2D/3D Symbols
Choose from more than 10,000 2D/3D symbols to quickly drag and drop into your design. Plus, get access to millions more mechanical and architectural symbols with a free 3-month subscription to CADSymbols.com!
3D Model Content for Easier Architectural Design
Access 600 editable 3D models to quickly drag and drop into your architectural designs. Each colorful, fully texture-mapped symbol can be modified to your exact specification. Choose from:
- 129 structural models – doors and hardware, windows and window treatments, fireplaces, wood moldings and more
- 234 kitchen items – cabinets, appliances, faucets, sinks, counters and more
- 52 bath items – tubs, faucets, sinks, vanities and more
- 134 residential items – furniture, lighting fixtures and home décor
- 51 office items – desks, file & storage cabinets, tables, shelving and more
Animation & Walkthroughs
Create stunning animated presentations with a moving view of your 3D model.
Select two DesignCAD drawings or .BMP images, and Drawing Compare will perform a visual comparison of the two.
There are options to switch from one to the other, to show only the differences, or to have the differences blink, quickly highlighting where changes have been made. Zoom In or select to Zoom to Differences to quickly spot any updates.
The drawing comparison is an invaluable aid when working collaboratively on a project, or when picking up an older project and looking to see the status of updates. Use it to compare a design and an As Built drawing to see where changes have been implemented.
Added Flexibility when Sharing Your Work
- Print Section - Print only a specified region of the drawing.
- Print Scale Options - Select from a standard set of print scale options or create your own.
- Enhanced Print to PDF - Print multiple panels to PDF format to create a multipage PDF file.
- User Notes – Add notes to any drawing
- Save for Sharing - When you save a drawing, all files referenced externally (textures, symbols, images) are saved to a subfolder with the host drawing’s name.
- Paper Space Mode – Create a view frame and choose a specific scale or enter a custom view frame scale.
AutoCAD® DWG/DXF Compatible and more
Work with the latest AutoCAD® files. Import/Export AutoCAD® files through 2012 and enjoy excellent compatibility with AutoCAD® layouts and PaperSpace, plus support for AutoCAD® layers, linestyles, views, and blocks in both DXF and DWG file formats. DesignCAD even offers limited support for Architectural Desktop (ADT) objects, which are recognized and exploded to DesignCAD equivalents.
DesignCAD imports DWG, DXF, WMF, HPGL and XYZ files and exports to DWG, DXF, WMF, HPGL, RIB, VRML, WPG and PDF.
DesignCAD also supports several image formats including .BMP, .TIF, .JPG, .TGA, .WMF, .PSD, .AWD, .EPS, .WPG, .TIF, .PCX, and .PNG
Use the built-in BasicCAD scripting language, or OLE Automation, or both, to add new tools and enhancements to DesignCAD.