DesignCAD offers smart menus like those found in Microsoft Office®. Initially presented with a shortened list of available menu commands, to help reduce screen clutter, the menu can be expanded to show all items by clicking on the double arrows at the bottom of the menu. Great for learning, this option can be enabled or disabled depending on the user's preference.
Easy to Use 2D Drafting & Design
Intuitive yet sophisticated editing tools, advanced geometric construction capabilities, drawing short cut keys and complete layer management make 2D drafting a breeze.
- Usability Tools
- Workspace Tools
- Drawing Tools
- Editing and Measuring
- Dimension Tools
- Groups, Blocks, Symbols and more!
Associative dimensions will automatically update as you change the size of the object they are associated with. For example, if a radial dimension is associated with a circle, when you change the radius of the circle using the Info Box, the associated radial dimension is automatically updated to match the new radius.
DesignCAD utilizes layers that can be independently switched on and off in order for users to have a better visibility of the drawing. For example, if you need to see the outline of a component, just switch off other layers containing center lines, dimensions, etc. Some features of objects can also be controlled on a per-layer basis.
The Layer Options Dialog Box, redesigned in DesignCAD v22, maximizes the amount of layer information displayed. You can resize the dialog box to show more layers and longer layer names, columns can be hidden, resized, or rearranged. The dialog box allows users to show/hide marked layers, lock/unlock marked layers, clear marked layer colors or line styles, and clear all layer names. New version 23 has added the ability to select the color of text on highlighted layers, and makes it easier to toggle on layers.
Added Flexibility when Sharing Your Work
- Print Section - Print only a specified region of the drawing.
- Print Scale Options - Select from a standard set of print scale options or create your own.
- Info Box - Roll out or more permanently open the info box to display the details of any selected object to help you speed through the design options, even if you’re still learning
- User Notes – Add notes to any drawing
- Save for Sharing - When you save a drawing, all files referenced externally (textures, symbols, images) are saved to a subfolder with the host drawing’s name.
- Paper Space Mode – Create a view frame and choose a specific scale or enter a custom view frame scale.
AutoCAD® DWG/DXF Compatible
Work with the latest AutoCAD® files. Import/Export AutoCAD® files through 2012 and enjoy excellent compatibility with AutoCAD® layouts and PaperSpace, plus support for AutoCAD® layers, linestyles, views, and blocks in both DXF and DWG file formats. DesignCAD even offers limited support for Architectural Desktop (ADT) objects, which are recognized and exploded to DesignCAD equivalents.
DesignCAD imports DWG, DXF, WMF, HPGL and XYZ files and exports to DWG, DXF, WMF, HPGL, WPG and PDF.
DesignCAD also supports several image formats including .BMP, .TIF, .JPG, .TGA, .WMF, .PSD, .AWD, .EPS, .WPG, .TIF, .PCX, and .PNG