IMSI/Design Launches Green TurboCAD Professional v15
Dozens of New and Improved Features, Including BIM, Parametric Design Enhancements,
and Environmentally Friendly Content
NOVATO, Calif., March 6, 2008– IMSI/Design™, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today that it is shipping its flagship product, TurboCAD® Professional Version 15.
"We continue to add strong Architectural and Mechanical CAD functionality," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "But we're also excited that TurboCAD is now one of the first eco-friendly CAD applications available to engineers and designers. Without a doubt, TurboCAD Professional continues to set the bar for industrial strength CAD applications with phenomenal price-performance."
2D Drafting, 3D Modeling and UI improvements include:
- New Bill of Materials. A highly effective way to cost your design projects and tie them to the Building Information Management work flow.
- New Support of Table Object. Used with the new Bill of Materials feature. Table objects are AutoCAD compatible.
- New Rotated Box 3D Object. Draw a box at any angle on the active Workplane.
- New Mode in Edit Dragger – Edit Segment. Improved editing of walls, slabs and bulge polylines (zero width polylines).
- New Photorealistic Materials.Over 300 new Materials have been added to enhance the photorealism of your designs.
Architectural and Civil Engineering CAD improvements include:
- New Layout Tool for Woodworking. Create 2D layout of 3D model to optimize cutting/manufacturing of components.
- Improved Style Manager for Architectural Objects. Better control over architectural designs, ability to make quick changes to common architectural object types.
- Improved Schedule Table. Now includes support for walls and slabs.
- New Surveyor Linear Dimension. Enhanced 2D drafting capabilities.
- Improved Terrain Tool. Ability to create terrain objects from selected points.
Mechanical CAD advancements include:
- Improved Assembling of 3D Objects. Enhanced 3D design with additional alignment tools –tangent and axis.
- New Automatic Workplane by Face. Much easier now to make edits to 3D objects.
- New ACIS® v17 Solid Modeling Engine.
Interoperability and Content enhancements include:
- ASAT, OBJ and Collada (DAE) File Format Support. Enhanced compatibility for solid modeling and for Virtual Reality, including Google™ Earth (NASD: GOOG).
- New Parametric Parts and 2D Symbols. New ability to create fully parametric part and symbol libraries. These libraries may be used in Autodesk’s AutoCAD (NASD: ADSK) as well. In addition, TurboCAD includes new parametric symbols for cabinets, tables, appliances, shelving, building fittings, and fasteners.
- Improved 3DS file Import and Export. Better support for mechanical and artistic design applications.
‘Green’ Building Content details include:
- Photovoltaic (solar) roofing panels
- Structurally Integrated Panels (SIPs)
- Insulating Concrete Forms (ICFs)
- Energy efficient foundations and flooring
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Professional 15 is now available at a suggested retail price of $1,295. Current TurboCAD users can purchase upgrades directly from IMSI/Design by calling 1.800.833.4674 or online at http://www.TurboCAD.com.
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD™, and TurboFLOORPLAN™ families of precision design applications. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com or www.TurboCAD.com for more information.
The IMSI/Design, LLC logo is available at www.primenewswire.com.
© 2008 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. TurboCAD is a registered trademark and IMSI/Design is a trademark of IMSI/Design, LLC. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.