IMSI DESIGN SHIPS TURBOCAD v8 FOR MAC
New 3D Modeling and Rendering Features, Superior Performance, and Better Interoperability with AutoCAD® and 3D Printers Top the List of Improvements>
NOVATO, Calif., June 10, 2014
– IMSI®/Design, developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail and pioneer in mobile solutions for AEC, today announced the release of the new TurboCAD Mac version 8 product line including TurboCAD Mac Pro, TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 2D/3D, and TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D.
"We focused this release on both usability and performance across the entire TurboCAD Mac v8 series," said Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. “Support for 64-bit means dramatically better performance and stability... and there are a host of usability enhancements that make TurboCAD Mac a joy to use."
TurboCAD Mac v8 also boosts significant enhancements in the areas of 3D modeling, rendering, and interoperability.
PERFORMANCE & USABILITY ENHANCEMENTS
NEW & IMPROVED 3D MODELING FEATURES
- 64-Bit Compatible to load, process, and render parts and models of nearly any size.
- Enhanced Printing to print much larger, more data intensive files.
- Improved Deep Select to independently select and modify elements within a group.
- New Cut List Properties for BOMs BOMs to assign description, quantity, length, width and thickness to a BOM.
- New Customizable Grids to display the workplane grid by any angle.
- Improved Space Mouse Support using the latest drivers.
- Improved Keyboard Shortcuts for use within the Concept Explorer, to set the gripper location, and for toggling mesh controls.
- Stability Enhancements thanks to a major code rewrite.
NEW & IMPROVED RENDERING & PRESENTATION
- Improved ACIS 3D solid modeling engine and file filters to load, process, and render parts and models of nearly any size.
- New Quad Mesh Tools (Pro only) for creating quad mesh primitives, extrusions, coverts, lathes, and meshes by points.
- New Subdivision Mesh Tool (Pro only) will smooth a quad mesh for easy creation of organic shapes.
- Improved Associative Mesh Booleans (Pro only) now recorded and accessible via the part tree.
- New Woodworking Joint (Pro only) for creating rabbet, dado, miter, tongue and groove, and dovetail joints.
- Improved 3D Linear Duplicate Tool creates copies of an object based on specifying rows, columns, and spacing.
- Improved 3D Polar Array creates patterns of 2D or 3D objects in relation to a primary point or object.
- New Special Lighting Effects (Pro only) including Lens Flares and Global Illumination.
- New High Dynamic-Range Images (HDRI) Support (Pro only) significantly improves the lighting of photo rendered images.
- Improved Render to File l (Pro only) boosts rendering size to export to poster size.
- Improved Photorealistic Rendering (Pro only) added secondary file recognition for advanced photo render dialog box.
- Improved QuickTime Recording (Pro only) now includes audio capture.
- Improved DWG/DXF filter filter for better AutoCAD 2013 support.
- Improved STL filter for more reliable output to 3D printers.
The entire TurboCAD Mac v8 line is available now from both www.TurboCAD.com
and the Apple Mac App Store.
- TurboCAD Mac Pro v8, $499.99 USD
- TurboCAD Mac Deluxe 2D/3D v8, $129.99 USD
- TurboCAD Mac Designer 2D v8, $69.99 USD
For more information, please visit www.TurboCAD.com
or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.80821.800.833.8082
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD®, Renditioner™, TurboFloorPlan™, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, and TurboSite® families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign
.com for more information.