IMSI/Design Announces Public Beta of the New
IDX Variable Constraint System for AutoCAD
First Variational Sketching Plug-In for AutoCAD
NOVATO, Calif., Feb. 12, 2008 (PRIME NEWSWIRE) -- IMSI/Design, the global leader in retail CAD, announced the release of a public beta for the first variational sketching plug-in for AutoCAD®. IDX™ Variable Constraint System provides designers and engineers unprecedented control over designs and operates seamlessly in AutoCAD.
"This is a significant milestone for AutoCAD users," said Bob Mayer, Chief Operating Officer of IMSI/Design. "Variational sketching is one of the most powerful design tools a CAD user could want."
Variational sketching makes performing laborious "what-if" analysis a breeze. By constraining drawing elements geometrically and providing variables that drive dimensions, users can analyze design options with the same ease as using a spreadsheet. Driving variables can be defined by values, relationships with other drawn elements, or through complex mathematical functions. More can be accomplished in less time, particularly rapid revisions and the creation of part families.
IDX Variable Constraint System incorporates the D-Cubed™ 2D Dimensional Constraint Manager from Siemens PLM Software. This is the same core engine typically available in much more expensive parametric modeling programs including Autodesk® Inventor®; CATIA and SolidWorks® by Dassault Systems; or Solid Edge by Siemens PLM Software.
"Now AutoCAD users can benefit from 2D sketching without having to upgrade to new software costing many thousands of dollars more," added Mr. Mayer.
The IDX Variable Constraint System enables:
- Sketching and drafting productivity -- quickly draw an object, automatically apply constraints, and then adjust the constraints to force dimensions and geometries.
- Variational sketching, revision productivity -- rapidly modify constrained objects, maintaining all design rules for proportionality, centering, etc.
- Capturing design intent, creating intelligent behavior -- consistently enforce design rules by embedding intelligence in the drawing, e.g., easily control how a linkage moves.
- Drawing profiles for 3D extractions -- fully adjust 2D drawings used as a basis for building 3D models.
- Developing entire part families -- automatically have parts drawn in different sizes and configurations by changing parameters.
The IDX Variable Constraint System is currently available for AutoCAD 2007 and AutoCAD 2008 base editions. It will be priced at US $499, but is currently available for no charge through public beta at www.IDX-design.com.
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD™, and TurboFLOORPLAN® families of precision design applications. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com, www.turbosketch.net, or www.idx-design.com for more information.
The IMSI/Design, LLC logo is available at www.primenewswire.com.
The IDX logo is available at www.primenewswire.com.
©2008 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IDX™ and IMSI/Design® are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.