IMSI/Design Ships Green TurboCAD Deluxe v15
Includes Powerful New Drafting and Modeling Tools and Environmentally Friendly Content
NOVATO, Calif., April 2, 2008 -- IMSI/Design™, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the availability of TurboCAD® Deluxe Version 15.
"TurboCAD Deluxe is the recognized leader in CAD for home professionals and hobbyists," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "We're proud that we're offering an incredibly powerful CAD in such an affordable, easy-to-use package. TurboCAD Deluxe goes way beyond the current state of consumer CAD."
2D Drafting, 3D Modeling, and UI improvements include:
- New Support of Table Object. Used with the new Bill of Materials feature. Table objects are AutoCAD® compatible.
- New Rotated Box 3D Object. Draw a box at any angle on the active Workplane.
- New Mode in Edit Dragger -- Edit Segment. Improved editing of walls, slabs and bulge polylines (zero width polylines).
- New Photorealistic Materials. Over 300 new Materials have been added to enhance the photorealism of your designs.
- New Angular Dimension for Arcs. Create dimensions measuring angles easily.
Architectural and Civil Engineering CAD improvements include:
- Improved Schedule Table. Now includes support for walls and slabs.
- New Fill Schedule Wizard. Scan your drawing for objects to include in the schedule.
- New Surveyor Linear Dimension. Enhanced 2D drafting capabilities.
Interoperability and Content enhancements include:
- New Collada (DAE) File Export Support. Experience enhanced operability with virtual worlds and Google™ Earth with its powerful new export option.
- Improved 3DS file Import and Export. Better support for mechanical and artistic design applications.
'Green' Building Content details include:
- Photovoltaic (solar) roofing panels
- Structurally Integrated Panels (SIPs)
- Insulating Concrete Forms (ICFs)
- Energy efficient foundations and flooring
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Deluxe 15 is now available at a suggested retail price of $129.95. Current TurboCAD users can purchase upgrades directly from IMSI/Design by calling 1.800.833.4674 or online at http://www.TurboCAD.com.
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DesignCAD™, and TurboFLOORPLAN™ families of precision design applications. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com or www.TurboCAD.com for more information.
The IMSI/Design, LLC logo is available at http://www.primenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=2827
TurboCAD is a registered trademark and IMSI/Design is a trademark of IMSI/Design, LLC. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.