NOVATO, Calif., April 12, 2010 – IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today that an upgraded TurboCAD® Deluxe 17 is now available.
New TurboCAD Deluxe 17 Available
Upgrade to Perennial Retail Best Seller
Includes Dozens of New and Enhanced Features
"TurboCAD Deluxe 17 is the best value in CAD for the home professional, period," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "We have a very dedicated, loyal following because TurboCAD Deluxe is simply the most powerful CAD software you can get for the price."
TurboCAD Deluxe 17 contains dozens of new features and enhancement, including:
- NEW Layer Filters – Layer filters, that are .DWG compatible, help you manage large, complex drawings with ease. Simply organize layers by a defined set of parameters. All layers which meet the parameters defined by the filter will be grouped in the lower panel of the Design Director.
- NEW Index Color Support – Index Colors added to support of True Colors. Includes proper round-tripping of .DWG files and the Color Dialog’s Index colors match AutoCAD LT colors 1:1.
- NEW Color Table (CTB) Print Style Support – AutoCAD® Color Table (.CTB) file support added to existing support of Style Table (STD) print styles.
- IMPROVED Paper Space Templates – Now you can insert and extract specific Paper Spaces from other .TCT (TurboCAD templates), .TCW and .DWG files. Also, define different printers and printer setting for each Paper Space in a drawing.
- IMPROVED Multi-Text, Text – Much easier to now get into edit mode as editing is turned on when either the MultiText or Text tools are enabled. Able to enter larger text strings without degradation of performance.
- IMPROVED Layer Management – The Design Director simplifies layer management with the addition of Line Style, Pen Width, and Print Style parameters to Design Director and Drawing Setup.
- IMPROVED Walls – New Link Wall Segments option added; new property, Autocleanup added.
- IMPROVED Shrink/Extend Tool – Bezier and NURBs curves are now supported.
- IMPROVED .DWG/.DXF Filters – 2010 compatibility.
- IMPROVED .DWG/.DXF Filters –Ability to define line weight for file import; define how arc elements convert during export. Ability to read Multi-Leader objects and styles. Now possible to control Xrefs through Xref Layers.
- IMPROVED .SKP (Google SketchUp) Filter – Better .SKP file export.
- IMPROVED .EPS Filter – Updated and improved file import capabilities.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Deluxe 17 is now available for $129.95. For more information or to upgrade online, please visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 15 million products sold since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, DoubleCAD™, DesignCAD™, TurboFLOORPLAN™, and IDX® Renditioner families of precision design applications. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
pr (at) imsidesign.com
© 2010 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. TurboCAD and IMSI/Design are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.